HPV: Helpful Corner



Below we will explore four common myths about HPV, and provide you with the appropriate facts.

Myth #1 Only women can get HPV.

Fact. Both women and men can contract HPV. Research shows that most sexually active men and women will contract HPV at some point in their lives.

Myth #2 All types of HPV cause cancer.

Fact. Not all strains of HPV cause cancer. There are low risk strains and high risk strains. The most common strains of HPV that cause cancer are type 16 and type 18 (CDC, 2017). Fortunately research indicates that most forms of HPV go away within two years and do not cause any problems.

Myth #3 There is a cure for HPV.

Fact. There is no cure for HPV. The only treatment options available exist for abnormal cell growth, precancerous lesions, and warts associated with HPV. No cure for the virus exits.

Myth #4 HPV vaccines are not safe.

Fact. Although there have been isolated cases of reverse side effects reported, research shows that the HPV vaccines available are safe and effective. The CDC recommends Gardasil 9, Gardasil, and Cervarix (CDC, 2017). Common side effects include: fever, headache, muscle or joint pain, and soreness in the arm that the shot was given.

Questions to Ask Your Physician

It is important to do your research about HPV and be ready to ask your physician any questions that you may have. Below is a list of possible questions to ask your physician. Some doctors may try to discourage you from asking certain questions, however, this is YOUR health, and you have every right to know the answers to any questions you may have.

·         How can I avoid getting HPV?

·         How soon should I be tested for HPV after becoming sexually active?

·         When should I get my children vaccinated?

·         What are the risks of vaccination?

·         What strain of HPV do I have?

·         Is it possible to have sex with other people without giving them HPV?

·         How can I lower my risk for HPV related cancers?

·         What treatment options are best for me?

·         How long will my treatment last and what are the side effects?

·         If I have a wart breakout, how long should I wait before seeking medical treatment?


Parental Advice

In order to stop the spread of HPV it is important for parents to know the facts. The CDC recommends vaccinating children between the ages of 11 and 12. Although your children may not be sexually active at this age, it is important to vaccinate them before they become sexually active (CDC, 2017). Early vaccination is the safest way to protect your children. It is also important to educate your children about the use of condoms and promote abstinence.  Talk to your child’s doctor about the best for prevention options for them. Remember, preventing HPV begins with you.




References

HPV vaccine information for young women. (2017, January 03). Retrieved April 02, 2017, from https://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/stdfact-hpv-vaccine-young-women.htm
[Myth vs. fact]. (n. d.). Retrieved April 02, 2017, from https://smithsquaredrealtors.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/myth-and-facts-about-va.jpg

[3 things parents should know about preventing cancer]. (2016, December 13). Retrieved April 02, 2017, from https://www.cdc.gov/hpv/parents/vaccine.html


Comments

  1. I am really happy that i have been cured from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) with the herbal medicine of dr,oseremen , i have been suffering from this disease for the past 3 years and 4 mouth without solution until i came across the email of this doctor who have cure so many people with his herbal medicine, i also choose to give him a chance to help me and my husband, he told me what to do and i kindly did it, and he gave us his herbal medicine and direct me on how to use it, i also follow his instructions for use and he ask us to go for a check up after 1 week and 5days which i did, to my greatest surprise our result came out as negative, we are really happy that there is someone like this doctor who is ready to help anytime any day. To all the readers and viewers that is  doubting this testimony  stop doubting it and contact this doctor if you really have one and see if he will not actually help you. i am not a stupid woman that i will come out to the public and start saying what someone have not done for me and i know that there are some people out there who are really sufferid Dr.oseremenvadi@gmail.comor what's app +2349056394313 he also told me that he has cure for these diseases listed below .HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS..DIABETES .ng and hurting their family just because of these diseases so you can aslo Email him on Dr.oseremenvadi@gmail.comCANCER.HEPATITIS.HIV/AIDS. STD CUREThank you for your time

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am here to give my testimony about Dr Oluta who helped me.. i want to inform the public how i was cured from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) by Dr Oluta, i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs like Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex which is very expensive to treat the symptoms and never cured me. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedies on HERPES and I saw comments of people talking about how Dr Oluta cured them. When I contacted him he gave me hope and sent Herbal medicine to me that I took for just 2 weeks and it seriously worked for me, my HERPES result came out negative. I am so happy as I am sharing this testimony. My advice to you all who thinks that there is no cure for herpes that is Not true just contact him and get cure from Dr Oluta healing herbal cure of all kinds of sickness you may have like
    (1) CANCER,
    (2) DIABETES,
    (3) HIV&AIDS,
    (4) URINARY TRACT INFECTION,
    (5) CANCER,
    (6) IMPOTENCE,
    (7) BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    (8) DIARRHEA
    (9) ASTHMA
    (10)SIMPLEX HERPES AND GENITAL
    (11)COLD SORE
    HERPES. he also cure my friend from cervical cancer Email: dr.olutaspellcaster@gmail.com or whatsapp him on +2349065326267

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natural herbs have treated so many illnesses that drugs and injections can't treat. I've seen the great importance of natural herbs and the wonderful work they have done in people's lives. I read people's testimonies online on how they were treated of HSV, HPV, Herpes, Liver diseases, Anxiety, Fever ,diarrhoea, aches and pains, sore throat , etc , by natural medicine, so I decided to contact the Naturopath Dr because I know nature has the power to heal anything. Believe it or not. but I am a living testimony. There is no harm trying natural herbs. Contact Dr on, text/call via: +1 (719) 629 0982 ,For herbs and medications. Or you can also contact through his Facebook page @ Dr Chike Herbal Remedy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to share a testimony, how i was cured from Herpes by DR AGUGU with his herbal remedy. I don't know where to start, I'm 33 years old and i was diagnoses of genital herpes diseases for 5 years. i lost all hope in life but on like any other i still searched for a cure even on the internet and i saw a comment were a lady testify how she was cured by Dr AGUGU i could not believe it at first, i contacted him, He sent me his herbal remedy i used it for 2 weeks and the Herpes virus was cured completely. I went for medical check and the result was negative from Herpes.
    For those who have the same problem, or any STD should contact Dr AGUGU via email: agugusolutionhome@gmail.com you can also call or WhatsApp +2349123794867

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Preventing HPV

Life with HPV: It's Possible

HPV & Cancer